What is GTT order in the share market and what are the benefits of using GTT order in Upstox?
GTT (Good Till Triggered) orders in Upstox are long-term orders that remain active until specific conditions are met or manually canceled. Traders can set trigger prices and conditions for buying or selling stocks, providing flexibility and automation to execute trades based on their predefined strategies.
In the field of the share market, GTT (Good Till Triggered) is a type of order which is used by an investor or any trader to buy or sell a security at a particular price or better, which is until the order remains active and used to be either executed, canceled, or triggered.
When a security's market price reaches a certain level then a GTT order becomes a conditional order triggered. After reaching a certain level it allows trader to set a particular entry or exit point for a position in advance, which usually helps in managing risk and improve your chances of executing. For example, a trader can place a GTT order to buy a stock at $100, but only if the stock trade is at a favorable price.
GTT orders can be helpful for investors and traders who want to automate their trading strategy or have limited time to monitor the markets closely. However, it is important to note that there is no guarantee that a GTT order will be filled at the desired price, as market conditions can change rapidly and the trigger price may not be reached.
Those traders and investors who want to operate their trading strategy or might want to have limited time to monitor the markets closely can definitely take the help of GTT orders. As we know market conditions change at a very rapid speed and the trigger price may not be reached that's why it's very important to keep in mind that there is no guarantee that GTT order will be filled at the desired price.
GTT order in Upstox
GTT or "Good Till Trigger" is a type of order that is available on Upstox that allows traders to place any type of order that will remain valid until a trigger condition is met. If you want to place a GTT order on Upstox then follow these steps:
- First of all, you are supposed to log in to your upstox account and then select any stock on which you want to place a GTT order.
- Choose the GTT order type and select the trigger condition you want to use. The available trigger conditions include price, percentage change, and time. Set the trigger price or percentage change and the target price for your order.
- Choose the order type you want to use, such as limit, market, or stop loss.
Enter the quantity and other order details and place the order.
- Now you should choose GTT order type and select the trigger condition you want to use. Price, percentage change, and time are used to be included in the available trigger price. Then set the trigger price
- Once the trigger condition is met, the GTT order will be executed automatically by Upstox. Keep it in mind that GTT orders are valid for up to 1 year or until the trigger condition is met, whichever comes first.
Benefits of using gtt order in upstox
- Automation: The GTT order helps us out to automate the trading process, it clearly means that traders can set their trades and forget about them until the orders are triggered or canceled. This allows the traders to free up time to focus on other aspects of their trading strategy.
- Flexibility: GTT orders also help us in setting a trigger price at which they want to execute the trade which clearly means that the order will be only executed when the market reaches the specified price. It provides traders with flexibility in choosing the price at what point they really want to enter or exit the market.
- Convenience: The GTT order feature is available to traders on the Upstox mobile app, desktop platform, and web-based platform which means that traders can place their orders from anywhere at any time.
- Risk management: To manage risks by setting stop loss and taking profit orders GTT order allows this function to their users which means if the market goes against the position you imagined then stop loss will help you out in preventing big losses. Similarly, if the market reaches the target price, the take-profit order will be triggered to lock in profits.
- Efficiency: The GTT order eliminates the need for manual functioning and monitoring trades, which makes the trading process more efficient with the help of which you can set the trades and then move on to other tasks and then know that their orders will be executed when the trigger price is reached.
You should be very careful if you decide to use a GTT order as a trader and you should consider their trading goals and risk rolerance, while keeping the current market conditions in your mind, before placing the order. Traders should also ensure that they fully understand the terms and conditions of the GTT order and how it will be executed.
Ultimately, the conclusion for a GTT order in Upstox would depend on the specific circumstances and the trader's individual goals and preferences. It is important to note that trading in the stock market always carries risks, and traders should always exercise caution and do their own research before making any investment decisions.
Ultimately, if you want to conduct the conclusion for a GTT order in Upstox would demand the specific circumstances and traders's individual goals and preferences. It is important to note that it's very risky to trade in the stock market and you should always exercise caution and do your own research before making any investment decisions.
The information provided in this blog is for educational purposes only and should not be considered financial or investment advice. Trading in stocks and securities involves risks, and individuals should carefully evaluate their financial situation and consult with professionals before making any trading decisions, you can take the help of FinTrades advisory service which will increase your chances of earning profit and if you are interested in trading then you should join the FinTrades telegram channel for your better financial future. And if you are a potential trader who wants to learn how you are supposed to trade then we are glad to know that we have launched our own trading course click here and start your profitable journey as soon as possible.
What's Your Reaction?